Director Jon Favreau’s “Jersey Boys”, based on the stage musical of the same name, has begun casting.
The flick, penned by “Gladiator” scribe John Logan, will shoot January 2013 in New York and New Jersey.
Producers are currently out to fill the key roles:
- PLEASE NOTE : WE ARE NOT CASTING THE MOVIE, NOR DO WE HAVE ANY CONTACT WITH THE CASTING AGENCIES, IF YOU SEND US YOUR RESUME AND PHOTO THERE’S ‘NOTHING’ WE CAN DO WITH IT.
20-29 yrs old. 5 ft 8 or under, Italian-American. A small, tenacious, scrappy kid from a tough neighborhood with an unusually high, clear falsetto, Frankie is desperate to join the group that becomes the Four Seasons. Talented, hardworking and determined to succeed, the group takes off once he joins. He is fiercely loyal, but his strong moral compass starts to stray during his years on tour with the popular group. ABILITY TO SING TENOR PART AND STRONG FALSETTO UP TO A TREBLE G A PLUS. LEAD.
20-29 yrs old. 5 ft 10 or taller. Already a chart-topping songwriter by age 18, boyish, fresh-faced Bob becomes the keyboardist and fourth singer in the Four Seasons. Something of a boy genius, he is smart and savvy beyond his years. His experience in the music industry helps launch the group and his original songs are key to their success. Gaudio isnt from the old neighborhood like the rest of the guys. KEYBOARD SKILLS AND ABILITY TO SING TENOR/BARITENOR PART IN TIGHT HARMONY A PLUS. LEAD
25-35 yrs old, Italian-American. A handsome, charismatic, smooth-talking operator with a quick temper and a chip on his shoulder, Tommy is the lead guitarist and founder of the Four Seasons. A born hustler from a tough neighborhood and the essence of Jersey cool, Tommy acts as a big brother to the younger Frankie. He is always involved in a scheme, some not strictly legal, and when his gambling debt eventually catches up to him, its up to Frankie to bail him out. GUITAR SKILLS AND ABILITY TO SING TENOR/BARITONE PART IN TIGHT HARMONY A PLUS. LEAD.
25-35 yrs old, Italian-American. A steady, sturdy, lumbering man of few words with a police record and a strong musical talent, Nick is the bass player for the Four Seasons. Though he never quite gets the groups choreography, he is a genius at arranging their tight harmonies. A some-time construction worker, he is in many ways ill-suited to life in the spotlight and is the first to leave the group. BASS GUITAR SKILLS AND ABILITY TO SING BASS/BARITONE PART IN TIGHT HARMONY A PLUS. LEAD
“Jersey Boys”, produced by Favreau and Graham King, is the story of the popular group the Four Seasons, tracing their rise from small time crimes on the streets of Newark, through the height of their popularity, all the way to the turmoil caused when one of their own got too close to the mob.
- Tony Jaa joins the cast of Fast & Furious 7 - August 24, 2013
- Ronan the villain of Guardians of the Galaxy - August 24, 2013
- Field remakes Inbetweeners, Lowery reunites with Affleck - August 23, 2013
- Penthouse North - August 16, 2013
- Hammer of the Gods - August 16, 2013
- First Position - August 16, 2013
- Be standing for presidential stills from Parkland - August 13, 2013
- Powell joins Expendables 3; Filming kicks off next week - August 13, 2013
- TV : Slade on Crossbones; Four join The Knick - August 13, 2013
- Always knew Mary Jane Watson was a bit of a Midnight Special - August 13, 2013