Update! : The Hollywood Reporter says the “Pirates of the Caribbean” actress has officially entered negotiations to play Chris Pine’s Mrs in the “Jack Ryan” reboot. Knightley plays Ryan’s wife Cathy in the film.
The role of Cathy Ryan, Jack Ryan’s long-suffering girlfriend cum wife in the Jack Ryan flicks, is seemingly the most highly-coveted role around, well, Melrose right now.
Paramount are auditioning a handful of known beauties for the role of the “Jack Ryan” female lead, with Keira Knightley the most prominent among the bunch.
Among those hoping to smooch Chris Pine on screen are Knightley, Felicity Jones (“Like Crazy”) and Evangenine Lily (“Real Steel”). Jessica Biel and Kate Beckinsale, of Sony’s “Total Recall” redo, both met with the studio to discuss the role but have since pulled their hats from the ring.
Whoever wins the role will be required to play the role in two further pictures, so franchise-phobic lasses need not apply.
The role of Cathy Ryan was previously played by Gates McFadden (“The Hunt for Red October”), Anne Archer (“Patriot Games”, “Clear and Present Danger”) and Bridget Moynahan (“The Sum Of All Fears”).
- Captain America : Civil War Character Reveal? - January 26, 2015
- Zachary Quinto talks Heroes Reborn - January 26, 2015
- The Strangers sequel finally going ahead? - January 26, 2015
- Scodelario confirmed for Pirates of the Caribbean 5 - January 26, 2015
- Author offers Waiting for Exhale 2 update - January 26, 2015
- Jetsons animated movie in the works - January 24, 2015
- New poster for Tom Hardy thrilller Child 44 - January 22, 2015
- Rob Lowe playing man of the cloth in new TV series - January 21, 2015
- The Interview hits Netflix this weekend - January 21, 2015
- Stuart Beattie writing high Voltage project - January 21, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.