Matthew McConaughey will continue riding on the rollercoaster wave of great roles he’s snagged of late – “Magic Mike”, “Bernie”, “Killer Joe”, “The Lincoln Lawyer” – with a plum but small role in director Martin Scorsese’s “The Wolf of Wall Street”, according to THR.
The actor, who in recent years seems to have abandoned his sloppy romantic comedy ventures for more dramatic fare, will play an early boss and mentor of Leonardo Di Caprio’s character in the film.
The movie, based on the book by Jordan Belfort, also features Jonah Hill, Jean Dujardin, Rob Reiner, Kyle Chandler, Margot Robbie, Jon Bernthal, Cristin Milioti, P.J. Byrne and Ethan Suplee.
Di Caprio plays Belfort, a broker who experienced the highs and low’s of being a Wall Street-type.
McConaughey’s next is “The Paperboy”, which premiered at Cannes this year to mixed reviews.
- Wanna know how much Frozen has now made!?… - April 28, 2014
- Spider-Man won’t be teaming with The Avengers anytime soon… - November 22, 2013
- Kevin Spacey producing Grand Turismo movie - November 21, 2013
- The Following‘s Natalie Zea joins indie drama Supreme Ruler - November 21, 2013
- Witches of East End star doing rom com A Ring by Spring - November 20, 2013
- New clips from American Hustle and Crave - November 20, 2013
- Trailer : Twice Born - November 20, 2013
- R2D2 to reprise role of R2D2 for Star Wars Episode VII - November 19, 2013
- Hunger Games writer tackling Last Tycoon - November 19, 2013
- New TV Spot for The Hobbit : The Desolation of Smaug - November 19, 2013