We all have our shameful favourites, for me one of them is “Endless Love”, Franco Zeff’s NutraSweet young-doomed-lovers drama starring a stunning pre-Agassi Brooke Shields and one of Hollywood’s most marvelous disappearing acts, Martin Hewitt. Not much of a movie, I’ll admit, but it’s big on heart, Lionel & Diana, and doused in cute Brookeness, and in the Summer of 1981, it definitely had one up on “Student Bodies” and “Soggy Bottom, U.S.A”.
awwww… cute. And stuff.
Surprisingly, but not really (silly boy!), Hollywood has decided the movie needs redoing.
Shana Feste (“Country Strong”) is in talks to helm the remake for Universal Pictures, says The Hollywood Reporter. One of the producers on the project is former “OC” and “Chuck” creator Josh Schwartz, which adds appeal.
Now the big question, who to play the Shields and Hewitt roles?
And who to play the shirtless footballer that this then-unknown guy played…?
- Scott, Collette set for Dougherty’s Krampus - March 4, 2015
- New directing assignments for Bryan Singer, Joseph Kosinski - March 4, 2015
- David Denman shoots for 13 Hours - March 4, 2015
- Usher for Independence Day 2, Sullivan for new Europacorp actioner - March 4, 2015
- Warner lands a Green Lantern! - March 4, 2015
- Wonder Years‘ Fred Savage returning to TV - March 4, 2015
- First look : Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Snowden - March 4, 2015
- 007 film shut down - March 4, 2015
- Eddie Izzard leads cast of Kohan’s Devil You Know - March 4, 2015
- Leads in Uncle Buck, Rush Hour announced - March 4, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.