Why would the screen-savvy and assumingly-picky Philip Seymour Hoffman choose to be part of a money-mongering blockbuster franchise?
Quite simply, he wanted to play Heavensbee.
Whether it’s big, small, or falls somewhere in-between, the acclaimed actor suggests it’s all about the part for him. And that of Plutarch Heavensbee in “Hunger Games : Catching Fire”, was too good a role to pass on, the “Moneyball” actor says.
“It’s a great group of actors. It’s a great environment. And the character was something I was attracted to. It was just an interesting role”, Hoffman, whose many credits include “Capote”, “Almost Famous” and “Ides of March”, tells EW. “He’s somebody who’s part of the revolution, but you don’t know it. The idea that somebody would be risking themselves in such an extreme way to join something that’s that dangerous because he thinks it’s the future, that’s interesting stuff, you know? I’ve read the script, which is true to the book. I kinda ruined it for myself. But I’m reading it anyway, because I really want to find out everything I need to know about this guy.”
Hard to believe Hoffman chose “Along Came Polly” for the same reasons – the character was intriguing – but we’re all entitled to off-days.
- Wanna know how much Frozen has now made!?… - April 28, 2014
- Spider-Man won’t be teaming with The Avengers anytime soon… - November 22, 2013
- Kevin Spacey producing Grand Turismo movie - November 21, 2013
- The Following‘s Natalie Zea joins indie drama Supreme Ruler - November 21, 2013
- Witches of East End star doing rom com A Ring by Spring - November 20, 2013
- New clips from American Hustle and Crave - November 20, 2013
- Trailer : Twice Born - November 20, 2013
- R2D2 to reprise role of R2D2 for Star Wars Episode VII - November 19, 2013
- Hunger Games writer tackling Last Tycoon - November 19, 2013
- New TV Spot for The Hobbit : The Desolation of Smaug - November 19, 2013