Jay Roach, director of the new political laffer “The Campaign”, tells Moviehole that he and Mike Myers have been conversing about a possible third sequel to their 1997 hit “Austin Powers”. Though it’s an idea both Mike Myers and Roach (“Meet the Parents”, “Game Change”) have toyed with for a while, “Austin Powers 4″ talk has ramped up again, he said. Still, there’s no greenlight yet and Myers could easily just go cold on the idea if it doesn’t feel right.
“We’ve talked to Mike about it a few times”, Roach said. “I know it got a little more traction a few months ago but that’s happened from time to time over the years. And we’ve always said if we could find the right thing that makes it earn its way back, we’ll both jump in.”
Roach says he doesn’t get the final say on whether it happens, Mike Myers does.
“It’s driven by Mike because it’s his baby.”
But there’s no question, if Myers wants to do another – Roach is there.
“He really gave me the break of a lifetime drafting me into directing it, so whatever he wants, I’m there to help him figure it out.”
The last “Austin Powers”, “Austin Powers in Goldmember” was released ten years ago.
- Map to the Stars - March 5, 2015
- The Voices - March 5, 2015
- Jupiter Ascending - March 5, 2015
- Focus - March 5, 2015
- VOD Views – March 1, 2015 - March 1, 2015
- Anne Hathaway – Song One - February 23, 2015
- Fifty Shades of Grey - February 13, 2015
- The Hundred-Foot Journey - February 9, 2015
- Alien Outpost - February 9, 2015
- The Rise and Fall of Bitcoin - February 3, 2015