While reviews of “The Expendables 2″ start trickling out (and, much to my surprise considering how weak the first was, they’re rather positive!), franchise producer Avi Lerner is already making plans to do another.
Speaking to Total Film, Lerner says they’ve begun reaching out to several other big names to join Sylvester Stallone and cast in the next instalment.
“We’ve got Nicolas Cage to play [one of the characters],” Lerner says. “We’ve approached Clint Eastwood to be one of the guys,…We’re talking to Harrison Ford. [And we want] Wesley Snipes when he comes back from prison.”
“And we’re going to bring Mickey Rourke back, if he won’t be too crazy. I like Mickey. And of course, all the existing stars [will return]”
Cage was originally rumoured to be part of “The Expendables 2″. The actor’s relationship with Lerner, who he now has made several films with in recent years, no doubt makes him an easier score than those other names – particularly Eastwood and Ford.
- People Like Us / Now is Good - April 30, 2013
- Celeste & Jesse Forever/Won’t Back Down - April 30, 2013
- Warm Bodies - April 6, 2013
- Pitch Perfect - April 3, 2013
- Jurassic Park 3D - March 20, 2013
- Smash : Season One - November 18, 2012
- Lola Versus - November 18, 2012
- Friends with Kids - November 18, 2012
- The Twilight Saga : Breaking Dawn Part 2 - November 12, 2012
- Nitro Circus: The Movie 3D - November 8, 2012