Glad we can finally talk about this.
Friend and colleague Jim Piddock, a regular presence in filmmaker Christopher Guest’s films (“Best in Show”, “For Your Consideration”), is back working with Mr. Lee Curtis on a new mockumentary-style series for HBO and BBC 2. And it’s an absolute bloody doozie, let me tell you.
The show “Family Tree” will star “Bridesmaids” scene-stealer Chris O’Dowd as a young man who, after his life goes pear-shaped goes on a hunt to discover the details of his heritage – a search stemmed by the discovery of a mysterious box from his aunt great.
Piddock (“The Five-Year Engagement”), who created the show with Guest, and is writing and producing, will appear in the series as O’Dowd’s neighbour.
Guest too will make on-screen appearances in several episodes.
The show, the first season (consisting of 8 episodes) of which is already greenlit, is expected to air in the first half of next year on both HBO and BBC 2 simultaneously.
More details on this as it inches closer to the cameras.
- Superbowl Spot : Insurgent - January 31, 2015
- The CW releases another iZombie promo - January 31, 2015
- Deepwater Horizon : Chandor Out, Berg In - January 31, 2015
- Cast fills for Franco’s In Dubious Battle - January 31, 2015
- Nicolas Cage’s latest lands a Hobbit - January 31, 2015
- Rose Byrne back for next X-Men - January 31, 2015
- Orphan Black star gets lead in Star Wars spin-off!? - January 31, 2015
- Leia may face a Hutt again in The Force Awakens - January 31, 2015
- Affleck, Schoenaerts are HBO’s Lewis and Clark - January 31, 2015
- Production begins on Zoo - January 31, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.