“Due Date” did about as much for the audience as it did for director Todd Phillips’ career, but alas, one good thing seems to have come out of it : Phillips now has a direct line to the Downey household.
As such, he used it to try and entice Robert Downey Jr into “The Hangover” franchise.
Did it work? Shit no, Iron Man ain’t got no time for funnies, let alone beating up bad guys with a fucked-up ankle.
Still, nice try.
Phillips’ hope to get Sean Penn into the movie, playing the same originally eyeballed for Downey, also didn’t work.
Third strike didn’t come though.
He’s ended up with someone just as good – if not, slightly less bankable – to play the villain in “The Hangover Part III”.
The versatile thesp, who has made for fun bad guys in the likes of “Evan Almighty” and “Born Yesterday” (one might even say his ‘Coach’ character in “Revenge of the Nerds” was a formidable scumbag!), will play the small role of an antagonist in the sequel. Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms and Zach Galifianakis reprise their roles in the WB/Legendary production, with Ken Jeong, Heather Graham and Mike Epps also expected to replicate their characters from that first film in the series.
“The Hangover Part III” will be released May 24, 2013.
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.