Since her breakout roles in “Bend it Like Beckham” and “Pirates of the Caribbean” Keira Knightley has proven to be one of the most exciting young actresses in the film industry. At just 20-years-old, she received an Academy Award nomination for her role in “Pride and Prejudice.” She has since given memorable performances in films like “The Duchess” and “Atonement.” Audiences will soon be able to catch her as the doomed title character in “Anna Karenina.” For now though, she can be seen in the indie apocalyptic dramedy, “Seeking a Friend For the End of the World.”
Knightley stars as Penny, a pot smoking hipster who happens to be a hopeless romantic. With the help of her kind hearted neighbor (Steve Carell), she braves widespread chaos in order to see her family one last time.
Moviehole had the chance to ask Knightley about her unlikely role, avoiding the contraptions of a period piece, and what surprised her most about Carell.
- Ryan Gosling, Kristin Scott Thomas, Nicolas Winding Refn - July 24, 2013
- Moviehole talks to Ryan Gosling about Only God Forgives and Internet Memes - July 24, 2013
- MH at the premiere of Epic - May 27, 2013
- Isla Fisher & Joel Edgerton - May 15, 2013
- Isla Fisher & Joel Edgerton talk Great Gatsby with MH - May 15, 2013
- Carey Mulligan - May 13, 2013
- Carey Mulligan talks to Moviehole about The Great Gatsby - May 13, 2013
- Joachim Rønning & Espen Sandberg - April 26, 2013
- Pål Sverre Hagen - April 26, 2013
- Kate Hudson & Riz Ahmed - April 25, 2013