Don’t expect Ron Howard’s ambitious franchise plans for Stephen King’s “The Dark Tower” to come to fruition.
Universal Pictures ultimately dumped the epic undertaking last year, citing the budget of the proposed film and TV series (yes, both) was giving them the chills. Recently, word leaked that Warner Bros was considering taking over the project.
Seems not even the power-packed union of Howard, star Russell Crowe (who would’ve played ‘The Gunslinger’), writer Akiva Goldsman (“A Beautiful Mind”) and producer Brian Grazer was enough to entice the home of Batman and Officer Mahoney into taking a gamble on the project. Warners ultimately passed, according to Variety.
Things might change if Howard’s next pic, racing-car flick “Rush” delivers big numbers at the box office, but at the present time I’d say “Dark Tower” has been put on ice.
Pity Howard structured the thing to be such a large undertaking, what with the agreeing studio having to commit to several films and a TV series if they wanted in; if he had gone the way of Cruise’s thing under the steel bowl in his “Far & Away”, and kept things relatively small, it might’ve been more enticing.
- First look at Lena Dunham in Scandal - March 6, 2015
- Alec Baldwin to play New York Mayor in HBO pilot - March 6, 2015
- Mr T, Tom Selleck, Scott Bakula for Expendables TV show? - March 6, 2015
- Mangold reveals when Wolverine 3 will begin filming - March 6, 2015
- Jared Leto unveils his ‘Joker’ haircut - March 6, 2015
- Toy Story 4 will be of a different genre than the previous three? - March 5, 2015
- Idris Elba reprising Luther for two-part special - March 5, 2015
- Netflix announce new Brit Marling series - March 5, 2015
- Walden Media to co-finance, co-produce Spielberg’s BFG - March 5, 2015
- Trailer : Ghoul - March 5, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.