No doubt something he’ll try and rope new best-bud Robert Downey into, Todd Phillips has inked a deal to remake James Caan classic “The Gambler” (1974).
Late-night TV viewers will recall the original flick; Caan starred as an English professor who owes the mob a great debt, he runs off to Vegas in an effort to quadruple some money his mother lends him, but the odds don’t fall in his favour. As a result, the mob ends up controlling his life.
Irwin Winkler produced the original, and he’s returning to oversee Phillips’ version – which, I’m assuming, will be slightly more comedic. Paramount Pictures are funding the film.
Martin Scorsese has briefly flirted with the idea of directing the remake- likely because his “Departed” scribe William Monahan is on script duty – but it likely fell by the wayside due to the other fifty films Scorsese has in development down there at the Jersey turnpike office.
The Hollywood Reporter says Phillips’ “The Gambler” would come second to “The Hangover Part III”, which the filmmaker begins shooting in a month.
No word on who might nab the lead in “The Gambler” (Downey? Bradley Cooper? maybe, Ed Helms?), but chances are their shoulder hair will be trimmed back pre-shoot.
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.