After being on and off more times than Tommy and Pam, Paramount’s “Jack Ryan” reboot is finally inching towards the cameras but more so, has something resembling a release date (Sonar needed to position it though).
Deadline has confirmed that the Kenneth Branagh directed reboot of the film series, inspired by the works of Tom Clancy, will hit theaters in the fourth quarter of 20123.
Nikki’s troupe is also reporting that the film is designed to be the first in a new trilogy, featuring Chris Pine as young CIA buckshot Ryan.
Aside from the “Star Trek” alum’s anointment to the trilogy, Keira Knightley and Kevin Costner look to reprise their roles from “Jack Ryan” for the subsequent two sequels, too.
Paramount have big plans for not only the Jack Ryan character but some of the supporting characters that will pop up in next year’s blockbuster. In addition to John Clark (Tom Hardy is being courted to play the character), who will spin-off into his own film “Without Remorse”, Costner’s William Harper might also get his own movie.
The last Jack Ryan adventure was 2002’s so-so “Sum of All Fears”, starring Ben Affleck in the role of a twenty-something Ryan.
- Limitless potential for new CBS pilot - January 29, 2015
- Another Zoolander star returning for sequel - January 29, 2015
- Stephanie scares up more cast! - January 29, 2015
- Kevin Spacey marks his territory with Nine Lives lead - January 29, 2015
- Pitt to go to Africa for Jolie - January 29, 2015
- Battlestar Galactica fave heads to Fargo - January 29, 2015
- Rudolph, Smith doing their bit for Brothers in Arms - January 29, 2015
- Inbetweeners actor joins Now You See Me 2 - January 29, 2015
- Four more join Wet Hot American Summer series - January 29, 2015
- Aykroyd responds to Ghostbusters casting - January 29, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.