Steve Carell’s first real journey to… the dark side, “Foxcatcher” is gearing up for an October start in Pittsburgh.
The Bennett Miller (“Moneyball”) directed drama tells of the truly odd, John du Pont (Carell), a stamp-collecting, paranoid schizophrenic with an endless supply of money who built a wrestling training facility on his 800-acre Pennsylvania estate. In 1996, du Pont – believing he was suss, and out to get him – killed friend and wrestler David Schultz.
‘Hulk’ Mark Ruffalo plays David Schultz in the pic, with Channing Tatum playing the latter’s younger brother Mark.
Casting agents were alerted today to the necessity of some wrestlers or wrestler-looking blokes required for the film.
The men, aged 18 to their 60’s, would be playing wrestlers and former wrestlers in the picture. The casting crew want wrestlers “At the collegiate level and above for a variety of roles”.
No word if Hulk Hogan was submitted himself yet.
And, just in case you’re confused, we’re not casting “Foxcatcher” – nor do we have any contact on the production – we are simply relaying the news. So no nudie headshots, or resumes please. We can’t help you.
- First look at Lena Dunham in Scandal - March 6, 2015
- Alec Baldwin to play New York Mayor in HBO pilot - March 6, 2015
- Mr T, Tom Selleck, Scott Bakula for Expendables TV show? - March 6, 2015
- Mangold reveals when Wolverine 3 will begin filming - March 6, 2015
- Jared Leto unveils his ‘Joker’ haircut - March 6, 2015
- Toy Story 4 will be of a different genre than the previous three? - March 5, 2015
- Idris Elba reprising Luther for two-part special - March 5, 2015
- Netflix announce new Brit Marling series - March 5, 2015
- Walden Media to co-finance, co-produce Spielberg’s BFG - March 5, 2015
- Trailer : Ghoul - March 5, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.