Steve Carell’s first real journey to… the dark side, “Foxcatcher” is gearing up for an October start in Pittsburgh.
The Bennett Miller (“Moneyball”) directed drama tells of the truly odd, John du Pont (Carell), a stamp-collecting, paranoid schizophrenic with an endless supply of money who built a wrestling training facility on his 800-acre Pennsylvania estate. In 1996, du Pont – believing he was suss, and out to get him – killed friend and wrestler David Schultz.
‘Hulk’ Mark Ruffalo plays David Schultz in the pic, with Channing Tatum playing the latter’s younger brother Mark.
Casting agents were alerted today to the necessity of some wrestlers or wrestler-looking blokes required for the film.
The men, aged 18 to their 60’s, would be playing wrestlers and former wrestlers in the picture. The casting crew want wrestlers “At the collegiate level and above for a variety of roles”.
No word if Hulk Hogan was submitted himself yet.
And, just in case you’re confused, we’re not casting “Foxcatcher” – nor do we have any contact on the production – we are simply relaying the news. So no nudie headshots, or resumes please. We can’t help you.
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.