Don’t expect Christian Bale to don the cowl again for any future Bat-pictures. No, the next time you see Batman, he’ll merely be one of the various croutons in DC’s “Justice League” soup – and come complete with a new face.
Batman-on-Film.com (via ThinkMcFlyThink.com) says Warner are planning to reintroduce The Dark Knight – and the actor playing him – in the big-budget superhero blockbuster. This Batman, by all accounts, will be a new incarnation of the character (separate from Christopher Nolan and Christian Bale’s take) that will then be spun-off into his own ‘Batman’ solo films afterwards – films that will have nothing to do with the most recent “Batman” pictures.
As most have pointed out, this sucks for whoever ends up directing the solo ‘Batman’ film – that will follow “Justice League” – because he/she won’t have any creative control or meaningful say about how the character of Batman should be handled..since he would already have been introduced in the earlier ‘group’ movie. That filmmaker will be essentially a ‘gun-for-hire’.
There’s the slight possibility of something cool here though… what IF, Warner are planning on having “Dark Knight Rises” Cowl-successor Joseph Gordon-Levitt play Batman in “Justice League”!? That would be great, in which I will just go quiet right… now.
On the other hand, there are those Taylor Kitsch rumours.
- J.J Abrams turned down Star Wars : Episode VII directing job - December 27, 2012
- TNT’s Leverage to end after five seasons - December 22, 2012
- New trailer for Dreamworks’ Turbo - December 21, 2012
- First Picture of Tom Hardy as the new Mad Max! - December 21, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - December 21, 2012
- Seth Rogen’s This is the End has a great Red Band Trailer! - December 21, 2012
- The CW’s Sherwood reintroduces audiences to Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves - December 21, 2012
- Red Band Trailer for The Heat with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy - December 20, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - December 19, 2012
- Vin Diesel to play Kojak - December 18, 2012