Fanboys rejoice! Batman will finally go mono-o-mono with RoboCop!
Michael Keaton will play the villain in Jose Padhila’s “RoboCop” remake, according to Deadline.
Hugh Laurie was in talks for the role but the chats went awry, resulting in the good doctor’s exit.
While best known for his showy hero part in the two “Batman” films, Keaton’s an old pro at playing bad-to-the-bone. He terrorised Andy Garcia in the underrated little thriller “Desperate Measures” a few years back, and long before that, Matthew Modine and Melanie Griffith in the tenant-from-hell flick “Pacific Heights”.
In more recent years, Keaton’s taken plum support parts in the likes of “The Other Guys”, “Toy Story 3″ (voicing Ken) and Katie Holmes vehicle “First Daughter”.
This “RoboCop” remake has a cast to die for – Joel Kinnaman, Samuel L.Jackson, Gary Oldman, Abbie Cornish, Jay Baruchel, Jackie Earle Haley and Jennifer Ehle – but the script, sadly, is supposed to be a shambles that totally misses the whole point of the satirical genius of the 1987 original.
- Two more ID4 stars back for sequel! - April 18, 2015
- New Jurassic World poster Tweeted! - April 18, 2015
- X-Men : Till returns, Munn teases costume - April 18, 2015
- Ridley, Marvel working on new superhero series - April 18, 2015
- Parenthood may return as limited series - April 18, 2015
- Dominic Cooper is AMC’s Preacher - April 18, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : Batman v Superman : Dawn of Justice - April 18, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : The Gallows - April 17, 2015
- Meade, Heizer, Lewis and more board Nerve - April 17, 2015
- Justice League : Gods & Monsters trailer! - April 17, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.