French film, “Little White Lies” has already hit the film festival circuit and among critics has been coined the “Gallic Big Chill” a snarky, albeit fitting nickname for the familiar theme and story that explores the strengths, strains, sexual and emotional entanglements in a group of lifelong friends who set out on vacation in the wake of tragedy.
Although the story, characters and scenes are familiar, there is something to be said about doing something well and director Guillaume Canet alongside his great ensemble cast gives “The Big Chill” respectable competition with better performances and authentic chemistry. Marion Cotillard, Francois Cluzet, Benoit Magimel, Gilles Lellouche and Jean Dujardin all convey a sense of ease around one another and easily convince the audience of their history over alcohol induced conversations and boating at the beach in Bordeaux. It’s convincing and a candid portrayal of friendship, making the two hour and thirty-four minutes running time (another common complaint) fascinating because the director and cast make it relatable and honest.
- Horrible Bosses 2 Interview : Jason Sudeikis - December 3, 2014
- Jason Sudeikis – Horrible Bosses 2 - December 3, 2014
- Jason Bateman – Horrible Bosses 2 - December 3, 2014
- Horrible Bosses 2 Interview : Jason Bateman - December 3, 2014
- Horrible Bosses 2 Interview : Charlie Day - November 25, 2014
- Charlie Day – Horrible Bosses 2 - November 25, 2014
- Horrible Bosses 2 Interview : Chris Pine - November 25, 2014
- Chris Pine – Horrible Bosses 2 - November 24, 2014
- Arrow Picture Spoiler - November 10, 2014
- Skyline sequel nabs Crossbones - November 9, 2014