This one’s rather… Precious.
The third “Hobbit” movie (yes, they’re doing another trilogy!) has both a release date and a new title.
Warner Bros and New Line have announced a July 18, 2014 release for the newly titled “The Hobbit: There and Back Again” (which was the title originally given to the second in the new series, “The Hobbit : The Desolation of Smaug”), which opens just seven months after the release of the second “Hobbit” picture. Someone’s confident!
“We wanted to have a shorter gap between the second and third films,” Warner Bros. president of domestic distribution Dan Fellman said in a statement. “Opening in July affords us not only the perfect summer tentpole, but fans will have less time to wait for the finale of this epic adventure.”
“The Hobbit : An Unexpected Journey”, set 60 years before the events of “Lord of the Rings”, opens in cinemas December 14, this year.
- Tony Jaa joins the cast of Fast & Furious 7 - August 24, 2013
- Ronan the villain of Guardians of the Galaxy - August 24, 2013
- Field remakes Inbetweeners, Lowery reunites with Affleck - August 23, 2013
- Penthouse North - August 16, 2013
- Hammer of the Gods - August 16, 2013
- First Position - August 16, 2013
- Be standing for presidential stills from Parkland - August 13, 2013
- Powell joins Expendables 3; Filming kicks off next week - August 13, 2013
- TV : Slade on Crossbones; Four join The Knick - August 13, 2013
- Always knew Mary Jane Watson was a bit of a Midnight Special - August 13, 2013