A sequel to the Denzel Washingon-Ryan Reynolds actioner “Safe House” is in the works, The Hollywood Reporter said this afternoon.
Writer David Guggenheim and producer Scott Stuber are returning, with Ryan Reynolds likely to carry the picture. Though it’ll be hard trying to resurrect Washington’s character from the 2011 film, Universal is said to be pretty keen on involving the Oscar Winning actor again, somehow (the trade speculates that the film might be a prequel).
Daniel Espinosa’s original film made $126 million domestically and $202 million worldwide.
- Tony Jaa joins the cast of Fast & Furious 7 - August 24, 2013
- Ronan the villain of Guardians of the Galaxy - August 24, 2013
- Field remakes Inbetweeners, Lowery reunites with Affleck - August 23, 2013
- Penthouse North - August 16, 2013
- Hammer of the Gods - August 16, 2013
- First Position - August 16, 2013
- Be standing for presidential stills from Parkland - August 13, 2013
- Powell joins Expendables 3; Filming kicks off next week - August 13, 2013
- TV : Slade on Crossbones; Four join The Knick - August 13, 2013
- Always knew Mary Jane Watson was a bit of a Midnight Special - August 13, 2013