There’s been a lot of speculation over the past couple of weeks regarding a possible second sequel to director Richard Linklater’s beloved “Before Sunrise” – rumoured to be titled “Before Midnight” – that was said to be gearing up to shoot in Greece, with original stars Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy back as star-crossed lovers Jesse and Celeste. But despite the evidence suggesting the production was indeed underway (or close to it), Hawke told the media last week that while he and Linklater were in Greece researching the project, it didn’t mean it’d necessarily come to fruition.
Nice poker face, Ethan!!
WE ALL JUST GOT PUNKED… BAD!
They kept a good tight lid on it, but now the secret’s out!- “Before Midnight” is done! It’s already in the can! Hawke, Delpy and returning director Linklater somehow managed to keep the internet from getting the real, official story until today! Kudos, people!
“Before Midnight” wrapped late last night in Messinia, Greece, just in time for the Toronto Film Festival where it’ll be shopped.
Linklater, Delpy and Hawke said “It’s great to be back together again, this time in beautiful Greece to revisit the lives of Celine and Jesse nine years after Jesse was about to miss his flight.”
Can’t wait! I love, love, love these films!
- Tony Jaa joins the cast of Fast & Furious 7 - August 24, 2013
- Ronan the villain of Guardians of the Galaxy - August 24, 2013
- Field remakes Inbetweeners, Lowery reunites with Affleck - August 23, 2013
- Penthouse North - August 16, 2013
- Hammer of the Gods - August 16, 2013
- First Position - August 16, 2013
- Be standing for presidential stills from Parkland - August 13, 2013
- Powell joins Expendables 3; Filming kicks off next week - August 13, 2013
- TV : Slade on Crossbones; Four join The Knick - August 13, 2013
- Always knew Mary Jane Watson was a bit of a Midnight Special - August 13, 2013