Silver-screen veteran Philip Seymour Hoffman is set to join spy thriller “A Most Wanted Man” according to Deadline.com.
Directed by Anton Corbijn, the modern-day spy film was written by Andrew Bovell (of “Lantana” fame) and is based on the bestselling novel penned by John le Carre.
Set in present-day Germany, the film follows a mysterious half-Russian, half-Chechen man who surfaces in the city’s Islamic community and is soon on the run and desperate for help. Determined to recover his late Russian father’s fortune, he is soon connected with a British private banker and a young female lawyer. As time passes, the story surrounding stops adding up and things surrounding him become darker and shadier.
All the while, all three of them are being watched by the brilliant chief of a covert German spy unit (Hoffman) who struggles to put together the pieces before time runs out.
Rachel McAdams, Willem Dafoe and Robin Wright are also set to be a part of the film, which will be produced by Ink Factory, Film4 and leCarre, with FilmNation Entertainment handling domestic and international sales.
- Wanna know how much Frozen has now made!?… - April 28, 2014
- Spider-Man won’t be teaming with The Avengers anytime soon… - November 22, 2013
- Kevin Spacey producing Grand Turismo movie - November 21, 2013
- The Following‘s Natalie Zea joins indie drama Supreme Ruler - November 21, 2013
- Witches of East End star doing rom com A Ring by Spring - November 20, 2013
- New clips from American Hustle and Crave - November 20, 2013
- Trailer : Twice Born - November 20, 2013
- R2D2 to reprise role of R2D2 for Star Wars Episode VII - November 19, 2013
- Hunger Games writer tackling Last Tycoon - November 19, 2013
- New TV Spot for The Hobbit : The Desolation of Smaug - November 19, 2013