I read the header ‘Doug Liman doing THE TOURIST’ over at Deadline and just about pressed the eject button on my career. ‘Shit’, I said to myself, ‘Nobody saw that piece of crap first time around, why will they see it now – – and without Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie for slimer’s sake!?’
Alas, I jumped the gun, broom and the dead mouse on the office floor. It’s a whole different “Tourist” that Liman will direct.
This one’s based on a book series by Olen Steinhauer. Sony Pictures has picked up the rights to ‘The Tourist’, ‘Nearest Exit ‘and ‘An American Spy’.
You don’t even need to read the synopsis to know that Liman, having directed the finest of the finest spy movies in “The Bourne Identity”, is a perfect match for the material.
But, for the sake of playing completist, “The books revolve around Milo Weaver, a burned-out spy for a clandestine U.S. intelligence agency that battles global organized crime, terrorists and the like. Just when he has finally found some happiness, an investigation into the death of a hired killer he’d been hunting threatens to ruin everything.”
Sounds like fun.
- First look at Lena Dunham in Scandal - March 6, 2015
- Alec Baldwin to play New York Mayor in HBO pilot - March 6, 2015
- Mr T, Tom Selleck, Scott Bakula for Expendables TV show? - March 6, 2015
- Mangold reveals when Wolverine 3 will begin filming - March 6, 2015
- Jared Leto unveils his ‘Joker’ haircut - March 6, 2015
- Toy Story 4 will be of a different genre than the previous three? - March 5, 2015
- Idris Elba reprising Luther for two-part special - March 5, 2015
- Netflix announce new Brit Marling series - March 5, 2015
- Walden Media to co-finance, co-produce Spielberg’s BFG - March 5, 2015
- Trailer : Ghoul - March 5, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.