I read the header ‘Doug Liman doing THE TOURIST’ over at Deadline and just about pressed the eject button on my career. ‘Shit’, I said to myself, ‘Nobody saw that piece of crap first time around, why will they see it now – – and without Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie for slimer’s sake!?’
Alas, I jumped the gun, broom and the dead mouse on the office floor. It’s a whole different “Tourist” that Liman will direct.
This one’s based on a book series by Olen Steinhauer. Sony Pictures has picked up the rights to ‘The Tourist’, ‘Nearest Exit ‘and ‘An American Spy’.
You don’t even need to read the synopsis to know that Liman, having directed the finest of the finest spy movies in “The Bourne Identity”, is a perfect match for the material.
But, for the sake of playing completist, “The books revolve around Milo Weaver, a burned-out spy for a clandestine U.S. intelligence agency that battles global organized crime, terrorists and the like. Just when he has finally found some happiness, an investigation into the death of a hired killer he’d been hunting threatens to ruin everything.”
Sounds like fun.
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.