1. As we continue to await word on when Edward Norton will pop Marvel, Chris Evans says he begins shooting “Captain America : The Winter Soldier” in March 2013. .
2. Production is set to commence this month in East Africa “Fishing Without Nets”, written and directed by Cutter Hodierne, and based on the short film of the same name. “Rise of the Planet of the Apes”‘ Rupert Wyatt is one of the producers on the film which takes an inside look at the world of pirating in Somalia.
3. Lionsgate has picked up Joss Whedon’s micro-budgeted Shakespearean effort “Much Ado About Nothing”, starring Alexis Denisof, Amy Acker, Nathan Fillion and more. “I’m thrilled to be working with my cronies at Lionsgate again, and with The Roadside team,” Whedon said. “That they all embrace a Shakespearean romance with the same enthusiasm they had for Cabin in the Woods shows that they’re exactly the mad fools we want to be partying – I mean working – with.” That jokester, Joss. I love his jokes so much more now that he’s wealthy and of great influence.
4. Michael Bay (“Transformers”) and James Wong (“Final Destination”) are teaming on a new series for A&E called “Occult”. The supernatural venture tells of “a FBI agent who returns from administrative leave after going off the deep end while investigating his wife’s disappearance. Eager to be back on the job, he is paired with an agent with her own complicated backstory who specializes in the occult. Together, they will solve cases for the newly formed occult crimes task force.” Wide-angle shots welcome.
5. Britt Robertson, the TV moppet who fronted The CW’s short-lived “Secret Circle”, has joined the Vince Vaughan drama “Starbuck”. The flick, based on a bloody frightening true story, features Vaughn as a man who fathered 533 children via sperm donation. Robertson will play one of the offspring.
6. “Bourne” staple Joan Allen will star in an adaptation of the Stephen King yarn “A Good Marriage”. “King’s story, which appeared as part of the author’s Full Dark, No Stars short story collection published in 2010, centers on a woman named Darcy who discovers the sinister and gruesome double life that her husband of 25 years and father of their two children has been living. She must now decide how far she is willing to go to maintain the marriage.” King (which reminds me, must pick up “Pet Sematary” on Blu-ray) wrote the screenplay for the film.
7. Veteran producer John Davis, who helped find money for last year’s “Chronicle”, will oversee the remake of “All of Me”. Dreamworks are doing over the old Steve Martin/Lily Tomlin comedy, with Abby Kohn and Marc Silverstein on scripting duties. As opposed to the original, the new version – which at one time Queen Latifah was attached to star in – will see a man’s soul enter the body of a woman.
8. Pat Healy and Sara Paxton, both cast members from Ti West’s “Innkeepers”, have been signed for E.L Katz’s “Cheap Thrills”, which starts shooting in L.A this week. Flick tells “the story of a new father facing eviction who is reunited with a high school friend when a wealthy couple challenges them to the ultimate game of dare, testing the limits of physical pain and morality in exchange for cash.”
9. “Prison Break” and “Bourne Legacy” star Stacy Keach has been booked for a guest role on mid-season political comedy “1600 Penn”, which stars Josh Gad. He’s playing a racist, wheelchair-bound senator.
10. The sequels to “Independence Day” may be titled “ID Forever Part One” and “1D Forever Part Two” – if only because they lend themselves to bumper stickers.
- Olsens talk Fuller House – will they do it? - April 25, 2015
- Batman injured; Goodbye cancelled - April 25, 2015
- SNL alum joins Zoolander 2 - April 25, 2015
- First Look : Jared Leto as The Joker! - April 25, 2015
- Some new Terminator : Genisys TV spots - April 25, 2015
- Another Avenger joins Captain America : Civil War - April 24, 2015
- Zach Galligan, Gremlins reboot is calling! - April 24, 2015
- Trailer : Area 51 - April 24, 2015
- Trailer : The Visit - April 24, 2015
- Production kicks off on Evil Dead series - April 24, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.