Despite the fact that Guillermo del Toro had said he didn’t want his latest film, the highly anticipated “Pacific Rim”, to be converted into 3D, Warner Bros has stuck one of Hellboy’s horns in the tender buttock of the man and decided to do it anyway.
The $200 million-dollar robot flick, starring the likes of “Sons of Anarchy” alum Charlie Hunnam, is still on track to release July 2013 as planned.
But del Toro, who was adamant this film shouldn’t go the “Clash of the Titans” route and be doused in shitty, dark 3D gimmickry, is no doubt miffed to hear Warners are going against his wishes here.
“There was a discussion that took a long time to overcome and that was to make the movie 3D,” the filmmaker told Collider. “And I didn’t want to make the movie 3D because when you have something big … to force the 3D effect on robots and monsters that are supposed to be [big], you are making them miniaturized, you are making them human scale. I knew that 3D effects sounded like a good idea, but it was going to be counter.”
Does del Toro have enough sway to overturn the WB’s decision to convert “Pacific Rim”? Hard to say, he’s not the one shelling out the 200 big biccies for it.
- Creed punches into production! - January 27, 2015
- Beetlejuice 2 is really happening, says Winona Ryder - January 27, 2015
- Knock Knock who’s there? Lionsgate with 3 million bucks! - January 27, 2015
- Gobots go to the big screen!? - January 27, 2015
- Arnold vs Arnold Genisys details! - January 27, 2015
- Yep, this is the Fantastic Four costume - January 27, 2015
- NBC going with Monica Potter series - January 27, 2015
- That’s no Moon, it’s a New Moon! - January 27, 2015
- ABC commissions Chevy Chase, Beverly D’Angelo show - January 27, 2015
- Edgar Wright’s next comes complete with a Twist - January 27, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.