1. Larry David’s upcoming HBO laffer has both a title and stout cast of A-listers. “Clear History”, from “Superbad” director Greg Mottola, will team the “Curb Your Enthusiasm” alum with Jon Hamm, Michael Keaton, Kate Hudson, Bill Hader, Amy Ryan, Eva Mendes, JB Smoove, Danny McBride and Phillip Michael Hall. “The storyline: After losing a fortune due to a petty argument with his boss, Nathan Flomm (David), a former marketing executive at a start-up electric car company, is publicly humiliated for walking away from his 10% of a company now worth billions. Ten years later with his marriage over and reputation ruined, Nathan has changed his identity and lives a simple life on a small island off the coast of Massachusetts under the new name of Rolly DaVore. But when his former boss shows up to renovate his summer mansion, Nathan vows to seek his revenge and drive his nemesis off the island.”
2. Universal are said to red-up the teets of their cash-cow franchises. In addition to a bevy of new animated sequels, as well as the new “Fast and the Furious” , the studio has commissioned sequels to “Ted” and “The Bourne Legacy” .
3. Mark Johnson will produce, and F. Scott Frazier will write a feature film adaptation of the Russian sci-fi novel “Metro 2033″ for MGM.
4. Toby Stephens, the rogue from cheesy 007 effort “Die Another Day”, will play Captain Flint in Starz and producer Michael Bay’s upcoming pirate drama “Black Sails”.
5. “Rock of Ages” star Malin Akerman is set to make the transition to the box; the ‘Watchmen’ alum is in talks to headline the ABC comedy pilot “Trophy Wife”. “Bad Teacher” scribes Lee Eisenberg & Gene Stupnitsky are onboard to EP the small-screen venture, which suggests the tone of the thing.
6. The trailer for the creepy new Guillermo del Toro produced chiller “Mama” starring in-demand Jessica Chastain (“Tree of Life”) is online.
7. The domestic poster for Jimmy B’s November outing “Skyfall” has been released :
8. A temporary logo and early plot details for the inevitable “Transformers 4″ have been released. Brian Goldner, President and Chief Executive Officer of Hasbro, said that while the last “Transformers” film did big business at the box office it didn’t sell that many plastic bits of switchy things; the fourth film will therefore be putting the merchandise-sales first and foremost. “This is why ‘Transformers 4′ will have a new cast of [robot] characters,” Goldner explained, “and it will be a story revolving around these new characters.” Previous reports suggest that Michael Bay may take the storyline to outer space.
9. The trailer for “Texas Chainsaw 3D” – which, after reading the script, I’m actually quite keen to see; it serves as somewhat of a direct sequel to Tobe Hooper’s original – has been released.
10. Warner Bros has issued the official keyart for the Wachowski-siblings/Tom Twyker epic “Cloud Atlas”.
- Superbowl Spot : Insurgent - January 31, 2015
- The CW releases another iZombie promo - January 31, 2015
- Deepwater Horizon : Chandor Out, Berg In - January 31, 2015
- Cast fills for Franco’s In Dubious Battle - January 31, 2015
- Nicolas Cage’s latest lands a Hobbit - January 31, 2015
- Rose Byrne back for next X-Men - January 31, 2015
- Orphan Black star gets lead in Star Wars spin-off!? - January 31, 2015
- Leia may face a Hutt again in The Force Awakens - January 31, 2015
- Affleck, Schoenaerts are HBO’s Lewis and Clark - January 31, 2015
- Production begins on Zoo - January 31, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.