“Da Vinci Code” scribe Akiva Goldsman has signed to produce “The Raven Boys”, a movie based on the upcoming Maggie Stiefvater-written book.
According to THR, Goldsman, who also wrote “Batman & Robin”, is attached to produce via his Weed Road banner under its new partnership with Joby Harold and Tory Tunnell and the duo’s Safehouse Pictures.
The novel is the first of a four-book series and hits shelves next week. It centers on Blue, a 16-year-old from a family of psychics who has been told she will cause her true love to die. Avoiding boys was pretty easy when she was younger but harder now that she is beginning to find herself attracted to them, especially the rich prep school-going circle of teens known as the Raven Boys.
One of the boys is seeking the burial place of a Welsh noble who is said to be in deep slumber and whoever awakens him will be granted a favor. Blue and the boys’ destinies intertwine, love triangles pop up, and paranormal activity ensues.
The film will be produced by New Line.
- J.J Abrams turned down Star Wars : Episode VII directing job - December 27, 2012
- TNT’s Leverage to end after five seasons - December 22, 2012
- New trailer for Dreamworks’ Turbo - December 21, 2012
- First Picture of Tom Hardy as the new Mad Max! - December 21, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - December 21, 2012
- Seth Rogen’s This is the End has a great Red Band Trailer! - December 21, 2012
- The CW’s Sherwood reintroduces audiences to Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves - December 21, 2012
- Red Band Trailer for The Heat with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy - December 20, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - December 19, 2012
- Vin Diesel to play Kojak - December 18, 2012