Casey Affleck will star in the icy offering “Race to the South Pole”, a Warner Bros drama that brother Ben and Matt Damon will produce.
The Hollywood Reporter says of the pitch from Peter Glanz :
Like its title suggests, the project aims to tell the true story of two explorers and their pursuit to be the first person to reach the last uncharterd territory on the planet in the early 1900s, the South Pole. Englishman Robert Falcon Scott and Norwegian Roald Amundsen were explorers from antithetical countries (one from the era’s most powerful empire, the other a country that had just achieved independence). Their race, seen as heroic during a golden age of exploration, sparked international interest and galvanized the world to see who would reach the Southernmost point first.
Affleck (“Gone Baby Gone”) will play Scott.
Affleck and Damon, with newly-installed partner Jennifer Todd, produce via their new WB-based shingle Pearl Street.
- J.J Abrams turned down Star Wars : Episode VII directing job - December 27, 2012
- TNT’s Leverage to end after five seasons - December 22, 2012
- New trailer for Dreamworks’ Turbo - December 21, 2012
- First Picture of Tom Hardy as the new Mad Max! - December 21, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - December 21, 2012
- Seth Rogen’s This is the End has a great Red Band Trailer! - December 21, 2012
- The CW’s Sherwood reintroduces audiences to Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves - December 21, 2012
- Red Band Trailer for The Heat with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy - December 20, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - December 19, 2012
- Vin Diesel to play Kojak - December 18, 2012