1. Nicola Peltz (“The Last Airbender”) will play Bradley Peltz, a love interest for Freddie Highmore’s Norman Bates on A&E’s “Bates Motel”.
2. Miles Teller (“Footloose”), Analeigh Tipton (“Crazy Stupid Love”) and Jessica Szohr (“Piranha 3D”) will star in “Two Night Stand”, an indie about ”a pair of twentysomething strangers who awaken after an ill-advised one-night stand to find themselves snowed in by a blizzard that’s put all of Manhattan on ice. Trapped together in a tiny downtown apartment, they’re forced to get to know each other far better than any anonymous bed partners should.” Max Nichols directs.
3. James Caan, Esai Morales (“La Bamba”) and Jamie Harris (“Green Hornet”) will do guest-turns on the second season of Starz’s “Magic City”.
5. Aussie Rachel Griffiths (“Six Feet Under”) and former “Picket Fences” favourite Kathy Baker have joined the cast of “Saving Mr Banks”, the ‘Making of Mary Poppins’ movie starring Tom Hanks as Walt Disney. The John Lee Hancock directed movie also stars Colin Farrell, Emma Thompson, Ruth Wilson, Annie Buckley, Bradley Whitford, Jason Schwartzman, B.J. Novak and Paul Giamatti.
6. A new clip from Lifetime’s small-screen remake of “Steel Magnolias” is online.
7. “Bridesmaids” scene-stealer Melissa McCarthy is eyeing a small role in “The Hangover Part III”.
8. In celebration of the 50th anniversary of the James Bond film franchise, AMC Theatres, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios and Park Circus are bringing the original James Bond film, ”Dr. No”, to 50 theaters nationwide on Monday, September 24 at 7PM. Tickets for the event are just $7. “Skyfall”, the latest installment of the Bond adventure, from Albert R. Broccoli’s EON Productions, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios and Sony Pictures Entertainment, hits theaters on November 9. “Bond is an iconic character that has spanned 50 years and garnered generations of followers,” said Robert J. Lenihan, president of AMC Programming. “As the excitement for SKYFALL continues to build, we’re excited to bring the original story back for James Bond fans.” Every guest will receive a Commemorative 50 Years of James Bond Print. In addition, each participating AMC location will give away one Bond 50 complete collection, which showcases all 22 classic films on Blu-ray for the first time ever in one cool, sleek collectible box-set – retail value of $299.99. The Blu-ray set is available in stores Sept. 25. To purchase tickets and see the list of the 50 participating theatres, please visit www.amctheatres.com/drno.
10. Rosario Dawson says “Sin City 2 : A Dame To Kill For” will begin filming in November.