For no sensible reason – other than old Hector Elizondo movies deserve to be immortalized in some form or fashion – Brett Ratner has decided it’s time to produce a remake of Matt Dillon classic “The Flamingo Kid”.
The Garry Marshall directed original told of a blue-collar youngster who gets a job at a resort over the summer period and is taken under the wing of the owner, who helps transform him into a preppy, well-to-do type. Ratner would produce the film, alongside Michael Phillips.
Nzingha Stewart’s is on scripting duties, but there’s no director attached.
Granted, Ratner has a habit for attaching himself to properties – you only need check out his IMDB page to see just how many things he’s commited himself to – and there’s no feasible way he’s going to get to all 400 of those future projects, so don’t go wasting blobs of tears yet. I mean, how many years have we been waiting for Rat’s “Beverly Hills Cop 4″ now? five? at least, right!?
- Exclusive : Steve Jobs looking for Dad - December 22, 2014
- Into the Woods - December 22, 2014
- Snap! Interview on Crackle rumor goes Pop! - December 22, 2014
- Drew Goddard may direct next Spider-Man - December 22, 2014
- Trailer : The Wedding Ringer - December 22, 2014
- The Interview only delayed, says Sony lawyer - December 21, 2014
- Trailer : It Follows - December 20, 2014
- Trailer : Kill Me Three Times - December 20, 2014
- The Interview sh*storm still spins - December 20, 2014
- Interview promo suggests Christmas day release still on!? - December 19, 2014
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.