1. J.J Abrams will produce and Alfonso Cuarón is set to direct the pilot for a new high-concept ABC Drama, which he will co-write with Mark Friedman (”Home Of the Brave”). “It is about a girl in possession of a great gift/powers — which will come into their own in seven years — and the man who is sprung from prison to protect her from those trying to hunt her down.”
2. Zooey Deschanel is executive producing a new comedy pilot fox Fox called “Must be Nice”, to written by New Girl consulting producer J.J. Philbin. The show “explores the generation gap between two women who are only 7 years apart when a single, chaotic, 27 year-old moves in with her more responsible, 34-year-old, married sister.”
3. Ben Stiller has sold two comedies to ABC. One, loosely based on his own life, is called “Knock, Knock”; the other is called “The Notorious Mollie Flowers”.
4. “Ted” director Seth MacFarlane is developing a new comedy for Fox about “two successful guys in their 30s who have their lives turned upside down when their nightmare dads unexpectedly move in with them.” The multi-camera live-action comedy will be written and executive produced by “Ted” co-writers Alec Sulkin and Wellesley Wild.
5. A crew member working on Disney’s “Lone Ranger” was sadly killed this morning while setting up for an underwater scene. The specifics of the man’s death have not been released yet. Disney issued the following statement : “We regretfully confirm that a Lone Ranger crew member has passed away after being taken to a local hospital. Our hearts and thoughts are with his family, friends, and colleagues at this time, and our full support is behind the investigation into the circumstances of this terrible event.”
6. Lifetime has released a trailer for their upcoming Liz Taylor/Richard Burton telemovie “Liz & Dick” starring Lindsay Lohan and Grant Bowler.
7. Matt Bomer, Lucy Griffiths and Eva Marie Saint have joined the cast of Akiva Goldsman’s directing debut “Winter’s Tale”. The movie, headlined by Colin Farrell, Will Smith and Russell Crowe, ”is about a dying young woman (Findlay) who falls in love with a thief who breaks into her palatial home on the West Side of Manhattan, in a drama that takes place in 19th century and contemporary Manhattan. Farrell plays the thief and Bomer will play his father while Griffiths plays his mother.”
8. Marvel’s Kevin Feige says film’s based on the comics “Planet Hulk” and “World War Hulk” aren’t out of the realm of possibility – but neither will be discussed until after “Avengers 2”. “I don’t think there’s a lot that we couldn’t do someday, as the cinematic universe continues to grow and expand and get as big as the comic book universe,” he said, adding, “‘Planet Hulk’ is a cool story. ‘World War Hulk’ is a cool story.” Either way, Feige believes the Hulk can carry his own movie again. “Do I think Hulk can carry a movie and be as entertaining as he was in ‘Avengers’? I do believe that. I do believe he absolutely could. We certainly are not even going to attempt that until ‘Avengers 2,’ So there’s a lot of time to think about it.”
9. There could be a secret villain in “Man of Steel”.
10. The trailer for “The Details” starring Elizabeth Banks and Tobey Maguire – hey! they were in “Spider-Man” together! – is online.