Soon-to-be FOX CEO Tom Rothman has signed on to produce Steven Spielberg’s ambitious blockbuster “Robopocalypse”.
The Hollywood Reporter, who has the news on Rothman’s new role as producer, had this to say about the film adaptation of a terrific book :
The futuristic Robopocalypse is being co-produced by DreamWorks and Fox, with Disney handling domestic distribution and Fox taking care of foreign. Disney and Fox have set a release date of April 25, 2014.
Based on the 2011 book by Daniel H. Wilson, Robopocalypse reunites Fox and Spielberg, who worked together on Minority Report. Rothman, who recently announced his departure from Fox after 18 years with the studio, has a close relationship with Spielberg and is credited with orchestrating the deal that brought Fox on board to co-distribute Robopocalypse.
DreamWorks has been developing the property since 2009, when it acquired rights to Wilson’s then-unpublished manuscript about the fate of the human race following a robot uprising.
In addition to Rothman, the trade says Anne Hathaway is circling the lead female role. She would join Chris Hemsworth in the picture.
The Dreamworks picture would be distributed by Fox and Disney.
- People Like Us / Now is Good - April 30, 2013
- Celeste & Jesse Forever/Won’t Back Down - April 30, 2013
- Warm Bodies - April 6, 2013
- Pitch Perfect - April 3, 2013
- Jurassic Park 3D - March 20, 2013
- Smash : Season One - November 18, 2012
- Lola Versus - November 18, 2012
- Friends with Kids - November 18, 2012
- The Twilight Saga : Breaking Dawn Part 2 - November 12, 2012
- Nitro Circus: The Movie 3D - November 8, 2012