1. Terry Gilliam has set David Thewlis, Tilda Swinton, Lucas Hedges and Melanie Thierry to join Christoph Waltz in “The Zero Theorem”. The film tells of “an eccentric computer genius plagued with existential angst who aims to discover the purpose of life”. Production begins October 22 in Romania.
2. “Longmire” star Bailey Chase will join Ashley Scott and Cuba Gooding Jr in “Summoned”, a supernatural thriller from writer/director Peter Sullivan. “Chase plays a detective who lives and breathes his job and becomes suspicious when an acquaintance jumps to his death for no reason. He soon uncovers that a convicted killer may have returned from the grave for revenge.”
3. Elijah Wood, next in the remake of the classic horror flick “Maniac”, has joined with Daniel Noah and Josh C. Waller to form ”The Woodshed’‘, an indie label that will produce horror films. “I’ve been a fan of horror and genre cinema in general since I was a child and have become increasingly passionate about the idea of there being a space in which horror films that take their subject matter and characters seriously could be produced,” he said. “What was born out of a conversation of our mutual love for the genre and what we felt was lacking in a broad sense, especially from the U.S. market, became The Woodshed.”
4. A new poster for Kathryn Bigelow’s Kill-Bin-Laden movie “Zero Dark Thirty” is online.
5. Joseph Ruben (“Sleeping with the Enemy”) will direct a remake of Orson Welles’ “The Stranger”. Alanna Belak wrote the screenplay for the do-over.
6. New stills from “Movie 43”, a film showcasing several short films and featuring a huge cast of casts, have come online. The full gallery is here, but here’s a few to get you started :
7. Tom Cruise effort “All You Need is Kill” has been slotted in for a March 14, 2014 release.
8. Liam Neeson says he doesn’t envision a “Taken 3” coming to fruition. “I don’t see it. I don’t think it’s going to happen. I really don’t. I can’t see a possible scenario where audiences wouldn’t go, ‘Oh, come on…! She’s taken again?’”
9. Mike Tyson, Audrina Partridge, and Kendra Wilkinson have all been enlisted for appearances in “Scary Movie 5”.
10. Miley Cyrus will play the female constituent of Bonnie & Clyde in a new Lifetime miniseries based on the bank-robbing couple.