1. A new two-minute TV spot for “Lincoln” premiered on TV tonight, and just hit the internet :
2. Tom Jenkins and Simon Sharp are to helm “Giants”, their feature debut. “In Giants, an alien race known as Giants on planet Gigantus are attacked by a foreign spacecraft, which prompts a team of soldiers to embark on a mission to Earth in order to wage war. The aggressors are taken aback when they realize they were giants on their home planet, they are 1/4 inch tall compared to earthlings, and the foreign spacecraft that attacked them was actually a loose screw from the Hubble telescope. The giants land in a nerdy kid’s yard, and through a series of events bond to save the world.”
3. Foxtel has announced the cast of their new series “Wentworth”, a contemporary version of the classic “Prisoner”. The series, beginning production next month, will star Danielle Cormack (”Underbelly Razor”, ”Rake”) as Wentworth’s latest arrival, suburban wife and mum Bea Smith, Nicole Da Silva (”Rush”, ”East West 101”) as GenY lesbian Franky Doyle, Celia Ireland (”Laid”, ”All Saints”) as earthy Liz Birdsworth, Kris McQuade (”Killing Time”, ”The Circuit”) as newly-created character, crime matriarch Jacs Holt and, in her first major television role, Shareena Clanton as young Aboriginal woman Doreen Anderson. Catherine McClements (”Rush”, ”Water Rats”) and Kate Atkinson (”Offspring”, ”Rush”) play Governor Meg Jackson and her deputy Vera Bennett. Aaron Jeffery (”Underbelly Badness,” ”McLeod’s Daughters”) and, Robbie Magasiva (”Shortland Street”) are corrections officers Matthew “Fletch” Fletcher and Will Jackson. Leeanna Walsman (”Underbelly Badness”) plays progressive and crusading lawyer Erica Davidson.
4. Get ready to explore the exciting production surrounding ”The Amazing Spider-Man”, when Sony Pictures Home Entertainment debuts ”The Amazing Spider-Man Second Screen App”, available exclusively for the Sony Tablet™ S, Sony Xperia™ Tablet S and Apple iPad. The Second Screen App, which syncs only with the Blu-ray Disc™, transforms the movie-watching experience, giving users behind-the-scenes access into the amazing world of Spider-Man throughout the film. Additionally, the App will unlock new content each week with all content available by the November 9th release of The Amazing Spider-Man on Blu-ray. ”The Amazing Spider-Man Second Screen App” is available for free from Google Play on the Sony Tablet or at www.play.google.com and from the App Store on iPad or at www.itunes.com/appstore.
5. The teaser trailer for Rob Zombie’s “Lords of Salem” is online. Freaky!
6. Paramount are bringing Clive Barker’s “Vessel” to the big screen. Stephen Susco (“The Grudge”) will write the screenplay.
7. The trailer for “Iron Man 3″ will debut on October 23.
8. Guillermo del Toro says “The Hulk” TV series, which he’s producing, has it’s eye on a particular writer. “Right now all I know is the official word I was given is that there’s a writer they want,” says del Toro. “They are very interested in me meeting with him. He’s very, very busy. The official word is we are holding, but I don’t know… After ‘Avengers’ having the success it had, perhaps the fate of the project may change. Right now officially what I know – and I’m not hiding anything off the record or anything – is that we were told we were waiting for this writer, and we were going to do it with him.”
9. Gael Garcia Bernal is joining Matthew McConaughey in “The Dallas Buyers Club”; Meanwhile, reports have surfaced suggesting Hilary Swank is no longer the film’s female lead.
10. Breaking Glass have acquired Jules ‘Kristen is my daughter’ Stewart’s “K-11″, set in a Los Angeles Men’s Prison. Goran Visnjic and Jason Mewes are amongst the cast.