“50 Shades of Grey” writer E.L James revealed on Twitter yesterday that Kelly Marcel will adapt her book for the big screen.
Marcel wrote the upcoming “Saving Mr. Banks”, Disney’s Tom Hanks starrer about the behind-the-scenes shenanigans to get ‘Mary Poppins’ onto the big screen.
Producers Mike De Luca and Dana Brunetti are crushing on Marcel’s abilities.
“Kelly’s work demonstrates her flawless structural technique and passionate commitment to emotion, humor and depth of character, which is particularly visible in the celebrated screenplay for the upcoming Saving Mr. Banks,” De Luca tells THR.
“We were all taken with the depth and passion of Kelly’s engagement with the characters and world E.L. James has created, and we knew she was the right person to augment our Fifty Shades family,” said Brunetti.
The feature film version, which De Luca, Brunetti and James will produce for Focus Features and Universal Pictures, is on track to be a searingly successful venture. There’s much speculation about who might play the lead roles, with everyone from Ian Somerhalder and Mila Kunis rumoured for the gigs.
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.