Beyonce Knowles has long been attached to Clint Eastwood’s remake of musical classic “A Star is Born”. But today’s the day she’s decided to disattach – well, the news that she’s distancing herself from the long-gestating project surfaced today anyway – herself from the project, Variety reports.
Knowles’ excuse for dropping out? “I’m gonna be a baby momma”.
Not a bad one at all!
But pregnancy isn’t the only excuse Knowles is likely using; the fact that Eastwood has struggled to attract a male lead to the project – despite courting such big-timers as Leonardo Di Caprio and Russell Crowe – might also have spurred Knowles decision to look for a project more stable (after she delivers her bub, of course).
The remake of the Judy Garland/James Mason film may have already found a female replacement though; Eastwood’s said to be keen on jazz musician Esperanza Spalding.
Let’s hope she’s a patient (and ideally impregnable) young thing.
- Wanna know how much Frozen has now made!?… - April 28, 2014
- Spider-Man won’t be teaming with The Avengers anytime soon… - November 22, 2013
- Kevin Spacey producing Grand Turismo movie - November 21, 2013
- The Following‘s Natalie Zea joins indie drama Supreme Ruler - November 21, 2013
- Witches of East End star doing rom com A Ring by Spring - November 20, 2013
- New clips from American Hustle and Crave - November 20, 2013
- Trailer : Twice Born - November 20, 2013
- R2D2 to reprise role of R2D2 for Star Wars Episode VII - November 19, 2013
- Hunger Games writer tackling Last Tycoon - November 19, 2013
- New TV Spot for The Hobbit : The Desolation of Smaug - November 19, 2013