Famous for its work on the Swedish incarnations of the ”Girl with the Dragon Tattoo” films, Yellow Bird Productions and Johnny Depp’s production company Infinitum Nihil will join forces to produce a scripted series based on the works of William Shakespeare, according to Deadline.com.
Writer Randall Fontana will write the project, which has been described as a modern interpretation of Shakespeare’s most memorable plays that will build on The Bard’s most notable characters and plots.
Tom Fontana (no relation to Randall), Infinitum Nihil and Yellow Bird will executive produce the project.
Depp’s production company is also currently working on Disney’s “The Lone Ranger” and also features credits from “Hugo”, “Dark Shadows” and “The Rum Diary”.
Graham King’s GK TV is also currently working with Infinitum Nihil to develop a period drama about The Hollywood Reporter founder William Wilkerson.
- Wanna know how much Frozen has now made!?… - April 28, 2014
- Spider-Man won’t be teaming with The Avengers anytime soon… - November 22, 2013
- Kevin Spacey producing Grand Turismo movie - November 21, 2013
- The Following‘s Natalie Zea joins indie drama Supreme Ruler - November 21, 2013
- Witches of East End star doing rom com A Ring by Spring - November 20, 2013
- New clips from American Hustle and Crave - November 20, 2013
- Trailer : Twice Born - November 20, 2013
- R2D2 to reprise role of R2D2 for Star Wars Episode VII - November 19, 2013
- Hunger Games writer tackling Last Tycoon - November 19, 2013
- New TV Spot for The Hobbit : The Desolation of Smaug - November 19, 2013