Max Landis, the screenwriter behind smash hit “Chronicle” has signed back on to provide a sequel; however, apparently 20th Century Fox isn’t entirely happy with Landis’ latest effort, according to The Playlist.
The screenwriter’s own father, John Landis (“The Blues Brothers”, “Trading Places”), was first to reveal the news.
“He wrote a sequel, and it’s amazing,” said the elder Landis.
“The studio read it and said, “We want Chronicle again!” and he said, “No, this is the sequel, it’s the evolution,” and they said “No, we want that movie again!” So, it’s difficult, we’re dealing with a difficulty business.”
The original film told the story of three high school students who make an incredible discovery, leading to them developing strange abilities beyond their understanding. As they learnt to control their new powers and use them to their advantage, their lives begin to spiral out of control and their more sinister sides come to light.
Josh Trank, who directed the first “Chronicle”, is now attached to direct Fox’s “Fantastic Four” reboot.
- Wanna know how much Frozen has now made!?… - April 28, 2014
- Spider-Man won’t be teaming with The Avengers anytime soon… - November 22, 2013
- Kevin Spacey producing Grand Turismo movie - November 21, 2013
- The Following‘s Natalie Zea joins indie drama Supreme Ruler - November 21, 2013
- Witches of East End star doing rom com A Ring by Spring - November 20, 2013
- New clips from American Hustle and Crave - November 20, 2013
- Trailer : Twice Born - November 20, 2013
- R2D2 to reprise role of R2D2 for Star Wars Episode VII - November 19, 2013
- Hunger Games writer tackling Last Tycoon - November 19, 2013
- New TV Spot for The Hobbit : The Desolation of Smaug - November 19, 2013