Jodie Foster has signed on to direct IM Global and The Allegiance Theatre’s “Money Monster”, according to Deadline.com.
“Money Monster” is a drama about Lee Gates, a TV personality whose insider trading tips have made him the talk of Wall Street. When a viewer loses all of his family’s money thanks to a bad tip from Lee, he captures Lee and holds him hostage on-air. As the entire country tunes in to the resulting media circus, ratings soar as a nation learns exactly how much a man’s life is worth.
Production on the film is scheduled to begin in early 2013, with filmmakers aiming to begin casting immediately. Daniel Dubiecki of “Juno” and “Thank You for Smoking” fame will produce.
- Wanna know how much Frozen has now made!?… - April 28, 2014
- Spider-Man won’t be teaming with The Avengers anytime soon… - November 22, 2013
- Kevin Spacey producing Grand Turismo movie - November 21, 2013
- The Following‘s Natalie Zea joins indie drama Supreme Ruler - November 21, 2013
- Witches of East End star doing rom com A Ring by Spring - November 20, 2013
- New clips from American Hustle and Crave - November 20, 2013
- Trailer : Twice Born - November 20, 2013
- R2D2 to reprise role of R2D2 for Star Wars Episode VII - November 19, 2013
- Hunger Games writer tackling Last Tycoon - November 19, 2013
- New TV Spot for The Hobbit : The Desolation of Smaug - November 19, 2013