Rookie screenwriter Sarah Rothschild will pen the script for Universal Pictures’ “The Gauntlet”, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Based on a concept by Dana Fox, who wrote Universal’s comedy “Couples Retreat”, “The Gauntlet” centres on a woman struggling to find herself after a catastrophic breakup. When she meets a new beau who is actually a nice young man, she must endure the excessively overprotective nature of her friends and family.
Scott Stuber and his Bluegrass Films banner is slated to produce the project.
Rothschild is a newcomer to the screenwriting field, with “The Gauntlet” being her first gig; previously, she wrote a semi-autobiographical spec entitled “The Dogwalker” which earned her favourable attention from film execs, which later led to her being signed to write “The Gauntlet”.
- Wanna know how much Frozen has now made!?… - April 28, 2014
- Spider-Man won’t be teaming with The Avengers anytime soon… - November 22, 2013
- Kevin Spacey producing Grand Turismo movie - November 21, 2013
- The Following‘s Natalie Zea joins indie drama Supreme Ruler - November 21, 2013
- Witches of East End star doing rom com A Ring by Spring - November 20, 2013
- New clips from American Hustle and Crave - November 20, 2013
- Trailer : Twice Born - November 20, 2013
- R2D2 to reprise role of R2D2 for Star Wars Episode VII - November 19, 2013
- Hunger Games writer tackling Last Tycoon - November 19, 2013
- New TV Spot for The Hobbit : The Desolation of Smaug - November 19, 2013