“Battle for Bonneville” may find its home with New Regency, according to Deadline.com.
The studio is currently in final negotiations to acquire the project, which already comes with Ryan Reynolds signed on to star and Jon Favreau to direct the film based on the story of half-brothers Art and Walt Arfons.
Formery racing rivals, the film tells the story of how the brothers learn to put aside their differences and team up in order to set the world land speed record three times over, in a jet-powered race-car speeding across the salt flats of Utah.
“The Bourne Legacy’s” Dan Gilroy wrote the script, who is also completing work for Universal’s “Pursuit”. Favreau, who also directed “Iron Man”, has always had a passion for muscle cars and racing.
Mayhem’s Mark Ciardi and Gordon Gray, Dark Trick’s Reynolds and Jonathan Komack Martin, Favreau anf New Regency will team up to produce the film.
- Wanna know how much Frozen has now made!?… - April 28, 2014
- Spider-Man won’t be teaming with The Avengers anytime soon… - November 22, 2013
- Kevin Spacey producing Grand Turismo movie - November 21, 2013
- The Following‘s Natalie Zea joins indie drama Supreme Ruler - November 21, 2013
- Witches of East End star doing rom com A Ring by Spring - November 20, 2013
- New clips from American Hustle and Crave - November 20, 2013
- Trailer : Twice Born - November 20, 2013
- R2D2 to reprise role of R2D2 for Star Wars Episode VII - November 19, 2013
- Hunger Games writer tackling Last Tycoon - November 19, 2013
- New TV Spot for The Hobbit : The Desolation of Smaug - November 19, 2013