With fantasy and supernatural dramas being the biggest thing since…ever…on television, NBC has snapped up “Wonderland”, based on Lewis Carroll’s “Alice in Wonderland”, according to Deadline.
Executive produced by “CSI” creator Anthony Zuiker, “Wonderland” is set in the years after “Alice in Wonderland” and is said to focus on Alice and a new character, Clara.
Sounding eerily familiar to ABC’s hit “Once Upon a Time”, the plot of the series has been thusly described:
“Seven years ago, Clara’s life to an unexplained turn for the worse, and a mysterious stranger tells her there may be an explanation after all… an explanation that lies in the fantastical world of Wonderland. To revive her dreams and get her life back on track, Clara must wage war against Wonderland’s reigning Queen, the woman we once knew as Alice.”
Zuiker describes his screenwriting partner as “a true visionary” and is extremely excited about the reimagining of the character of Alice.
- Wanna know how much Frozen has now made!?… - April 28, 2014
- Spider-Man won’t be teaming with The Avengers anytime soon… - November 22, 2013
- Kevin Spacey producing Grand Turismo movie - November 21, 2013
- The Following‘s Natalie Zea joins indie drama Supreme Ruler - November 21, 2013
- Witches of East End star doing rom com A Ring by Spring - November 20, 2013
- New clips from American Hustle and Crave - November 20, 2013
- Trailer : Twice Born - November 20, 2013
- R2D2 to reprise role of R2D2 for Star Wars Episode VII - November 19, 2013
- Hunger Games writer tackling Last Tycoon - November 19, 2013
- New TV Spot for The Hobbit : The Desolation of Smaug - November 19, 2013