Latino Review has today announced a fresh set of rumours concerning two of Marvel’s biggest projects: “Guardians of the Galaxy” and “Captain America: The Winter Soldier”.
“Guardians” is now expected to strongly focus on three main characters: Star-Lord, Gamora and Drax The Destroyer, although Rocket Raccoon and Groot may also still feature.
This approach makes sense, with the characters easily the most relatable to audiences who are unfamiliar with the “Guardians” universe. Star-Lord is a U.S. pilot who ends up in outer space, fighting in a universal conflict; contrastingly, Rocket Raccoon and Groot are a talking raccoon and a tree, so it seems logical that they may be relegated to supporting roles.
It had been previously announced that actresses including Emilia Clarke (“Game of Thrones”), Alison Brie (“Community”) and Jessica Brown Findlay (“Downton Abbey”) had tested for the female lead of Shannon Carter (aka Agent 13 and the niece of “The First Avenger’s” Peggy Carter) in CA 2. With Findlay and Clarke both hailing from England and Brie sporting one hell of a British accent, this list seemed to make sense if the producers were seeking someone with strong British ties.
However, rumours have now surfaced that Mary Elizabeth Winstead (“Scott Pilgrim vs. The World) may be being considered for the role. With her incredibly charming performance in “Scott Pilgrim” and her stand-out role in Sundance drama “Smashed”, it appears that she may be the actress that Marvel is seriously considering her for the role, though no official offers have been made as of yet.
Marvel is also looking to fill two “very physical” male roles for “The Winter Solider”, and it has been rumoured that Josh Holloway (“Lost”) or Nikolaj Coster Waldau (“Game of Thrones”) are on the shortlist, alongside Kevin Durand (“X Men Origins: Wolverine”, “Cosmopolis”). It’s hard to judge who might have the edge or be better for the roles, especially when no character synopsis has been released.
“Captain America: The Winter Soldier” will begin production in March next year for an April 4th, 2014 release, while “Guardian of the Galaxy” will open later in 2014 on August 1st.
- Wanna know how much Frozen has now made!?… - April 28, 2014
- Spider-Man won’t be teaming with The Avengers anytime soon… - November 22, 2013
- Kevin Spacey producing Grand Turismo movie - November 21, 2013
- The Following‘s Natalie Zea joins indie drama Supreme Ruler - November 21, 2013
- Witches of East End star doing rom com A Ring by Spring - November 20, 2013
- New clips from American Hustle and Crave - November 20, 2013
- Trailer : Twice Born - November 20, 2013
- R2D2 to reprise role of R2D2 for Star Wars Episode VII - November 19, 2013
- Hunger Games writer tackling Last Tycoon - November 19, 2013
- New TV Spot for The Hobbit : The Desolation of Smaug - November 19, 2013