Ridley Scott’s daughter Jordan Scott has replaced him as director in the upcoming film, “Gucci”, according to The Wrap.
Based on the family behind the fashion empire Gucci, the film will tell the story of Maurizio Gucci, grandson of the Italian fashion house’s founder, who was murdered in 1995.
The actual starring role of the film is that of Maurizio’s wife Patrizia, who was incarcerated in 199 for ordering the murder of a husband; although Angelina Jolie was tied to the role a few years back when the elder Scott was directing, focus for the part has now shifted towards Penelope Cruz.
Progress on the film has been stalled for years and has undergone several writing changes; however, the original idea was pitched in 2006 with a script from Andrea Berloff (“World Trade Center”). The Gucci fashion house has had an interest in keeping the project afloat for brand profile and recognition, especially after its inability to recover from the departure of designer Tom Ford in 2004.
- Wanna know how much Frozen has now made!?… - April 28, 2014
- Spider-Man won’t be teaming with The Avengers anytime soon… - November 22, 2013
- Kevin Spacey producing Grand Turismo movie - November 21, 2013
- The Following‘s Natalie Zea joins indie drama Supreme Ruler - November 21, 2013
- Witches of East End star doing rom com A Ring by Spring - November 20, 2013
- New clips from American Hustle and Crave - November 20, 2013
- Trailer : Twice Born - November 20, 2013
- R2D2 to reprise role of R2D2 for Star Wars Episode VII - November 19, 2013
- Hunger Games writer tackling Last Tycoon - November 19, 2013
- New TV Spot for The Hobbit : The Desolation of Smaug - November 19, 2013