1. “90210” and “Veronica Mars” alum Rob Thomas will write and executive produce the CW’s adaptation of “Metropolis”, an eight-part British series that aired on Granada TV.
2. BBC comedy “Gavin & Stacey” is getting a redo for U.S audiences. The Yankee version will be written and executive produced by “I Just Want My Pants Back” scribe David Rosen.
3. Rhona Mitra (“24″, “Doomsday”) will star in Michael Bay’s “The Last Ship”, the TNT Navy Drama series also featuring Eric Dane.
4. Bette Midler has agreed to make a guest appearance on “Glee”.
5. Adam Brody (“Cop Out”), Amber Tamblyn (“Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants”), Wyatt Cenac (”The Daily Show”), Josh Lawson (”The Campaign”), Danny Jacobs (”Batman: The Dark Knight Returns”), and Lauren Miller (“For a Good Time, Call…”) will star in “Growing Up (And Other Lies”) about a 30 year-old who, on his last day in New York, recruits his oldest friends to help him walk the entire island of Manhattan in one day.
6. The official synopsis for “Kick-Ass 2″ has been released :
Kick-Ass, Hit Girl and Red Mist return for the follow-up to 2010’s irreverent global hit: Kick-Ass 2. After Kick-Ass’ (Aaron Taylor-Johnson) insane bravery inspires a new wave of self-made masked crusaders, led by the badass Colonel Stars and Stripes (Jim Carrey), our hero joins them on patrol. When these amateur superheroes are hunted down by Red Mist (Christopher Mintz-Plasse)—reborn as The Mother F%&*^r—only the blade-wielding Hit Girl (Chloe Grace Moretz) can prevent their annihilation. When we last saw junior assassin Hit Girl and young vigilante Kick-Ass, they were trying to live as normal teenagers Mindy and Dave. With graduation looming and uncertain what to do, Dave decides to start the world’s first superhero team with Mindy.
Unfortunately, when Mindy is busted for sneaking out as Hit Girl, she’s forced to retire—leaving her to navigate the terrifying world of high-school mean girls on her own. With no one left to turn to, Dave joins forces with Justice Forever, run by a born-again ex-mobster named Colonel Stars and Stripes. Just as they start to make a real difference on the streets, the world’s first super villain, The Mother F%&*^r, assembles his own evil league and puts a plan in motion to make Kick-Ass and Hit Girl pay for what they did to his dad. But there’s only one problem with his scheme: If you mess with one member of Justice Forever, you mess with them all.
7. New Posters for “Iron Man 3″, “Hyde Park on the Hudson” and “Jack Reacher” have been released.
8. Paramount has acquired “The Wolf of Wall Street”.
9. – Born out of the desire to maintain creative control over programming, to empower fans and viewers and to eliminate network and studio costs, Brian Lane (“MacGyver,” “Star Trek: The Next Generation”) and partner Donna Cohen are pioneering a new broadcasting model with the launch of as-free NotMyMothersTV.net and its first series “Secret Bedfellows,” it was announced by Lane and Cohen. The 60-day fundraising effort begins today, Tuesday, October 9th, with the on-line debut of the edgy, sci-fi comedy’s complete half-hour pilot episode, plus many other filmed assets for viewers to explore, all through Indiegogo.com (www.indiegogo.com/secretbedfellows). “A writer’s vision for a series isn’t always consistent with the business needs of the network that airs it, and fans don’t understand why their favorite shows get canceled despite their loyalty and support,” Lane explained. “It’s time we changed all that. Primetime broadcast-quality, scripted television can be produced for less than 10% of what studios and networks pay, if only you cut out network and studio overhead. The Internet allows you to do just that and a viewer who wants to actively participate in network content can fully support an entire TV season for the cost of one cup of coffee house coffee.”
10. The trailer for “Starlet”, which “explores the unlikely friendship between 21-year-old Jane (Dree Hemingway), and 85-year-old Sadie (Besedka Johnson), two women whose worlds collide in California’s San Fernando Valley”, is online.
- Two more ID4 stars back for sequel! - April 18, 2015
- New Jurassic World poster Tweeted! - April 18, 2015
- X-Men : Till returns, Munn teases costume - April 18, 2015
- Ridley, Marvel working on new superhero series - April 18, 2015
- Parenthood may return as limited series - April 18, 2015
- Dominic Cooper is AMC’s Preacher - April 18, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : Batman v Superman : Dawn of Justice - April 18, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : The Gallows - April 17, 2015
- Meade, Heizer, Lewis and more board Nerve - April 17, 2015
- Justice League : Gods & Monsters trailer! - April 17, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.