Paul Bettany and Matthew Goode have come aboard writer/director Tom Shankland’s Naval carrier actioner “Destroyer”.
Set on a Battleship, the film tells the true story of Navy Captain David Hart Dyke and his crew as they’re led into the tense, unpredictable path of war. Nineteen men lost their lives when the Portsmouth-based destroyer was attacked by Argentine aircraft on May 25, 1982.
The film, based on Dyke’s memoirs, will chronicle the amazing, heart-wrenching tale of just one of the forty ships on patrol in the Falklands at the time.
Bettany (“Priest”, “A Beautiful Mind”) and Goode (“Burning Man”, “Watchmen”) will lead an immerse soon-to-be announced ensemble, we’re told.
The Ealing Metro (“Nina”, “The Guard”) production, shepherded by producers Robin Gutch and Angus Lamont, is expected to get underway next year.
Thanks to ‘Martin’
- Red Sonja goes to the Cosmos - March 1, 2015
- Momo’s reaction to Aquaman picture reveal - March 1, 2015
- Ayer revealsSuicide Squad sets; talks Leto - March 1, 2015
- Forte readying MacGruber 2 - March 1, 2015
- Duhamel, Hudson have The Wrong Stuff - March 1, 2015
- TV casting : George, Annable, O’Quinn, Stern, Chalke - March 1, 2015
- Shankar’s Power Rangers fan film is back online! - March 1, 2015
- Former 24 star clocks into medical drama - March 1, 2015
- Lively, Clarke set for Forster’s All I See is You - February 27, 2015
- Sands files Minority Report - February 27, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.