Paul Bettany and Matthew Goode have come aboard writer/director Tom Shankland’s Naval carrier actioner “Destroyer”.
Set on a Battleship, the film tells the true story of Navy Captain David Hart Dyke and his crew as they’re led into the tense, unpredictable path of war. Nineteen men lost their lives when the Portsmouth-based destroyer was attacked by Argentine aircraft on May 25, 1982.
The film, based on Dyke’s memoirs, will chronicle the amazing, heart-wrenching tale of just one of the forty ships on patrol in the Falklands at the time.
Bettany (“Priest”, “A Beautiful Mind”) and Goode (“Burning Man”, “Watchmen”) will lead an immerse soon-to-be announced ensemble, we’re told.
The Ealing Metro (“Nina”, “The Guard”) production, shepherded by producers Robin Gutch and Angus Lamont, is expected to get underway next year.
Thanks to ‘Martin’
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan books Spielberg series - January 30, 2015
- The Flash : Set pics capture Graye, Hamill - January 30, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : Spooks : The Greater Good - January 30, 2015
- A teaser for The 5th Wave crashes down - January 30, 2015
- Karl Urban will see Pete’s Dragon - January 30, 2015
- Superbowl Spot : Terminator Genisys - January 29, 2015
- Limitless potential for new CBS pilot - January 29, 2015
- Another Zoolander star returning for sequel - January 29, 2015
- Stephanie scares up more cast! - January 29, 2015
- Kevin Spacey marks his territory with Nine Lives lead - January 29, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.