Gee, it must be nice to have your latest novel already being made into a movie – before it’s even hit the shelves!
That’s what’s happened for novelist Derek Haas, whose upcoming spy thriller “The Right Hand” has been bought by Universal Pictures.
Deadline is reporting Michael Brandt and Haas will co-write the film adaptation, after their success with “Wanted” and “3:10 To Yuma”. Both are also behind the recently-launched NBC TV show “Chicago Fire”.
Now about the book- “The Right Hand” stars a spy called Austin Clay, whose work is so secret the government can’t confirm he exists (sounds good already!). So he gets sent to find a missing American operative in Russia- cue conspiracy, a mole and plenty of double crossing.
The novel will be released in the middle of November – check out the trailer below.
- Exclusive : McKay talks Lego Movie sequel - March 25, 2014
- Zombie shooter gets himself some Hot Wheels - October 18, 2013
- 10 Breaking Bits - May 30, 2013
- Three Days to Kill skedded for February release - May 29, 2013
- Universal rebooting Timecop - May 23, 2013
- Trailer and Poster for Byzantium - May 22, 2013
- Good Morning Shanghai! Barry Levinson directs Cursed Piano - May 22, 2013
- MH talks to The Great Gatsby‘s Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Set-Visit Interviews : The Great Gatsby - May 2, 2013