Seems “Mad Max Fury Road” is just as cursed in-production, as it was in it’s long-gestating development phase.
The Hollywood Reporter says the film is significantly over budget, over schedule and urgently needs to be “kept on track” – so to speak.
Warner big-man Jeff Robinov flew to the Namibia, Africa set of the George Miller-directed film and deemed the movie in need of guidance, as such he’s sent producer Denise Di Novi (“Catwoman”, “A Walk to Remember”) over to supervise the production. Di Novi will merely wear a supervisor’s hat on the project, she won’t be producing it.
“It’s easier having someone there who has experience and who can keep us posted on the day’s events,” says Warner Bros. motion picture group president Robinov, adding that he is optimistic the production will wrap on time.
“Fury Road”, a reboot of the ‘Mad Max’ saga starring Tom Hardy in the part made famous by Mel Gibson, started shooting in July and is due to wrap in November.
Director George Miller is renowned for getting into strife on his movies, he also went over budget on his last film, “Happy Feet 2″.
- Sounds as good as official : Michael Biehn’s back for Alien 5 - March 3, 2015
- Superhero Bits : Supergirl, Suicide Squad, Batman - March 3, 2015
- Red-Band Trailer : Get Hard - March 3, 2015
- Casting : Black, Cuban, Berg, Rousey, Uwais, Dornan, Murphy - March 3, 2015
- Killing alum is Shondra’s latest Catch - March 3, 2015
- Orphan Black season 3 trailer - March 3, 2015
- Valderrama joins that Minority Report show - March 3, 2015
- Goddard rebooting Spider-Man - March 3, 2015
- Lawrence, Spielberg win War - March 3, 2015
- Netflix announces airdates for OITNB, Wet Hot American Summer and more… - March 3, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.