Rom-com vet Kate Hudson and the eternally-busy Ewan McGregor will team on the new mistaken identity comedy “Born to be a King”, says THR.
The Peter Capaldi (he won an Oscar for his short ‘Franz Kafka’s It’s a Wonderful Life’) directed flick “revolves around a film extra (McGregor) who has an uncanny resemblance to a movie star and a Hollywood starlet (Hudson) who’s at war with her co-star and begins to fall for the extra.”
Indomina Releasing are hoping to assign homes to the picture at next month’s AFM.
“Born to Be King exemplifies the type of high-quality product Indomina aims to bring to the international marketplace,” said Stephanie Denton, Indomina’s head of international sales and distribution. “Peter’s screenplay seamlessly weaves the story of the film within the film. It’s an exciting, entertaining and genuinely funny project. Ewan and Kate are the perfect onscreen pair to bring this story to life.”
The picture will lens at Pinewood Studios in the UK in January.
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.