While the umm’s and ahhh’s continue to weigh up on the merits of an English-language “Girl Who Played With Fire”, “Dragon Tattoo” helmer David Fincher has seemingly diverted his complete attention to a reboot of “20,000 Leagues Under the Sea”.
The flick, written by Andrew Kevin Walker (“Se7en”), is a wet, big-budget Disney blockbuster based on the classic Jules Verne story.
Fincher has been circling the project for a couple of years now, stating at one point that if it comes off it’d be his first foray into the 3D realm.
Exciting enough prospect on it’s own, Fincher doing “20,000 Leagues”, right? Then add Brad Pitt to the mix – possibly playing Captain Nemo, according to Variety, and the location scouts on the movie aren’t the only one’s damp.
Disney has asked Fincher to hold off onto committing to any other projects at the moment, wanting him to set his compass in the direction of a “20,000 Leagues” course shortly.
- Exclusive : Steve Jobs looking for Dad - December 22, 2014
- Into the Woods - December 22, 2014
- Snap! Interview on Crackle rumor goes Pop! - December 22, 2014
- Drew Goddard may direct next Spider-Man - December 22, 2014
- Trailer : The Wedding Ringer - December 22, 2014
- The Interview only delayed, says Sony lawyer - December 21, 2014
- Trailer : It Follows - December 20, 2014
- Trailer : Kill Me Three Times - December 20, 2014
- The Interview sh*storm still spins - December 20, 2014
- Interview promo suggests Christmas day release still on!? - December 19, 2014
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.